English organist, conductor and composer; born London 1 December, 1844; died London 28 December, 1891.
- Charity Begins at Home (Operetta; 1 act; Libretto B. Charlie Stephenson [Bolton
Rowe] Gallery of Illustration 7 February, 1872. Bijou Theatre,
New York 31 March, 1880
- The Sultan of Mocha (Comic opera; 3 acts; libretto Albert Jarret
and W. Lestocq) Prince's Theatre, Manchester, 8 March 1874. St James'
Theatre, London 17 April 1876 (47 perfs)
- Topsyturveydom (operetta in 2 scenes; libretto by W.S. Gilbert)
Criterion Theatre, London 21 March 1874.
- Tower of London (Comic opera; 3 acts) Prince's Theatre, Manchester
4 October, 1875 (30 perfs)
- Nell Gwynne (opera; 3 acts; Libretto by H.B. Farnie; based on Rochester
by Moncrieff) Prince's Theatre, Manchester; 17 October 1876 (24 perfs)
- Two Foster Brothers (Operetta; Libretto by Gilbert a'Beckett) St.
George's Hall, 12 March 1877
- Belladonna or The Little Beauty and the Great Beast (opera; 3 acts;
Libretto by Alfred Thompson) Prince's Theatre, Manchester; 27 April,
- The Spectre Knight (a fancifal operetta; Libretto by James Albery)
Opera Comique, London 9 February, 1878: Bijou Theatre, New York 17
- After All (vaudeville; libretto by Frank Desprez) Opera Comique,
London 23 December, 1878
- In the Sulks (vaudeville; Libretto by Frank Desprez) Opera Comique,
London 21 February, 1880
- Dorothy (comedy
opera; 3 acts; libretto by B.C. Stephenson) Gaiety Theatre, London
25 September, 1886: Strand Theatre, New York 5 November, 1892 (48
- The Carp (a whimsicality; 1 act; libretto by Frank Desprez) Savoy
Theatre, London 13 February. 1886
- Mrs Jarramie's Genie - with François Cellier (operetta; Libretto
by Frank Desprez) Savoy Theatre, London 14 February. 1888
- Doris (comedy opera; 3 acts; Libretto by B.C. Stephenson) Lyric Theatre, London 20 April, 1889 (202 perfs)
- The Mountebanks (comic opera; 2 act; Libretto W.S. Gilbert) Lyric Theatre, London 4 January 1892 (229 perfs)